Friday, February 26, 2010

are you willing to create YOUR victory?


In the past, my life was so much consumed by his, in fact he never bothered to ask if I had a destiny of my own to follow. Writing was one of the things that saved me: the discipline and abstraction of putting my life into words, everyday, helped me to cope with shame and despair… The smoulders of shame and guilt flamed into anger became fist tightening rage at the unfairness of it all… I pushed through alone through the slap and the sting of every day and every night. And while not completely free, never completely free, there was hope and a fearful excitement in the new…. My heart was clean and hungry for promises …A life of freedom – a universe of possibilities was calling me… till, that day - when I chose to put this past behind me – that step – that angry little victory – freedom, finally…and chose to author my own destiny. The plodding, indefatigable and distant past crashed intact through barriers of time into its own future… I created my TODAY! And my TOMORROW!

1 comment:

  1. It requires a lot of courage to decide to change the course of direction of life and free from the existing bondages.
    With best wishes,
    ravi

    ReplyDelete